Holy Crap, it's time for a new episode of Radio Free Burrito!
Even though I've been doing this show for years, now, this is the first Xmas show I've ever done, with music and everything. The only thing missing is a bunch of rum with a little bit of egg nog floating in it, but I'm sure you can figure out a way to correct that mistake.
- The logo was designed by WWdN:iX reader Marc, who asked that I not link to his "in progress" website. Thanks, Marc!
- Radio Free Burrito doesn't work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast does, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- Very special thanks to A Band Called Quinn for putting her Christmas song (and a bunch of other songs) into the Podsafe Music Network.
- I can't find a decent link to Allan Sherman's 12 Gifts of Christmas on any of the Internets, which makes me a little stabby. The very best I could find, though, is here at iLike. Make sure you click the title, and not the video, which has nothing to do with the song, because that makes a lot of sense.
- Here's why I want cartoon Snoopy to leap out of the television, Shatnerquake-style, and punch someone in the face.
- Whatever you do, do not Google "Santa, I've Been Naughty" with safe search turned off. You will be permanently scarred. Especially if you add the word "sweater" to your query.
- Christmas Eve Eve from Paul and Storm's It Might Be Xmas!
- Christmas Is... originally appeared on WWdN:iX in 2006.
- It's Christmas Time, There's No Need to be Afraid.
- I usually say Happy Holidays, not because I'm captain sensitive of the SS Touchy Feely, but because I'm so irritated with all those "War on Christmas" idiots who worked so hard to turn something wonderful like Christmas into something divisive like that horrible talk radio. This year, I decided that I'd stop letting those jerks win, and reclaim "Merry Christmas" for everyone, and it will now be used in tandem with "Happy Holidays" whenever I feel like telling someone, "I hope you have a wonderful holiday season that is filled with peace and joy" in just two words. Therefore, I use the phrases interchangeably in this show.
- Merry Christmas.
- Happy Holidays.
- Happy New Year.
- Take your seat, Ralph.
- This episode is just under 40 minutes long.
- This episode is about 57MB. Um. Wow. That's a lot of MBs, two shows in a row. I'm doing something wrong with the encoding, I think.
- Does anyone know why the size of the file almost doubles when I convert it from .m4a to .mp3? I export this in .m4a so the artwork will embed, and then convert it to .mp3. I'm sure this is an incredibly stupid way to do this, but contrary to what TV has told you, I'm not that skilled with the computers.
- This is the end of the notes.
Ready? Then put on your inappropriately suggestive holiday sweatshirt, and