Holy Crap, it's time for a new episode of Radio Free Burrito!
I had a ridiculously good time putting this show together, even though I didn't plan any of the stuff that ended up being so fun to create.
- The logo was designed by WWdN:iX reader Marc, who asked that I not link to his "in progress" website. Thanks, Marc!
- Radio Free Burrito doesn't work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast does, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- This week's theme music is Sweat, by Oingo Boingo, originally off the 1987's Good For Your Soul, but this version is from 1988's Boingo Alive .
- On today's show, I read an excerpt from the soon-to-be-shipping special edition of The Happiest Days of our Lives, called a portrait of the artist as a young geek.
- If you liked that story, you may want to check out the audio version of The Happiest Days of our Lives.
- BEHOLD! The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo, from the Gong Show in 1976.
- That may have prepared you for the magnificence of Bim Bam Boom and Pico and Sepulveda, from 1980's Forbidden Zone.
- Did you know that Radio Free Burrito has a Mixtape? I've been working on volume two in my free time.
- Did you know that there was a Twilight Zone called Twenty-Two? Spooky!
- If you wanted to know more about the dark fantasy pen and paper Dragon Age RPG from Green Ronin, now you know where to look.
- I just discovered Dragon Age Journeys a few days ago. It's a hell of a lot of fun.
- MC Frontalot talked to Spin about his song Your Friend Wil. You can get an mp3 of the song there. I hear it makes a great ringtone, among other things.
- Mike Doughty put The Only Answer on LastFM, just for you. (Maybe not, but we can all pretend, can't we?) Mike doughty has a Twitter. Mike Doughty has a blog. Mike Doughty has records for you to buy. Mike Doughty is on tour.
- Everything you didn't want to know about backwards messages in rock music, but can't seem to stop laughing at, can be found at 2007's 365 Project from WFMU's Beware of the Blog.
- This episode is about 39MB.
- This episode is about 40 minutes long.
- I know I'm forgetting something I wanted to add to the links, but ... Dave ... my mind is going.
- So this is the end of the notes.
Ready? Then stir up a Hendrick's martini with a twist and