Radio Free Burrito Episode 49 – a nice pair of storieswil, · Categories: Current Affairs, Music
I have a pair of stories this week. One is about my family’s connection to the Los Angeles Dodgers. The other is about the first time I met Adam West. There’s some music here for you, too.
- Radio Free Burrito doesn’t work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast did, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- This week’s theme music is On Your Radio by the great Joe Jackson.
- Yes, I said it was 2007. Welcome to time travel. Try not to get upset.
- My great grandmother, in 1965.
- Her obituary.
- My great grandfather’s biography.
- The Battle of Chavez Ravine.
- The old Los Angeles Zoo is worth exploring.
- I forgot to share thoughts on the Stanley Cup final. The short version is that the Preds got hosed by a quick whistle, but a team that can’t score with a two-man advantage in an elimination game doesn’t deserve to win the Stanley Cup. That’s the whole reason we have playoffs.
- Jonathan Coulton‘s Smoking Monkey, and his new record Solid State.
- Jonathan and Aimee Mann are on tour RIGHT NOW!
- King Tubby‘s incredible Dub Reggae discography.
- I forgot to tell you how Anne’s doing: she’s recovering without complications, and is feeling better every day.
- The Trojan Dub Box Set is a good place to start, if you’re interested.
- I was behind the camera when Kaley posed for this picture with Adam West. He was so into it, and thought it was as funny as we did.
- The Letter / La Carta.
- Los Nuggetz is an amazing compilation, and the liner notes, pictures, and artwork make it very much worth your while to purchase as a physical thing.
- This episode is 1h05m long and 93.9MB.
- This is the end of the notes.
Here’s your embedded player:
And a direct link to the file: 049-RFB