Radio Free Burrito: Episode Twenty-Fourwil, · Categories: Games, Music
Holy Crap, it's time for a new episode of Radio Free Burrito!
It's one of those shows where I talked for an hour, and feel like I didn't say anything at all.
Also, I am aware that the tags are screwed up and the feed doesn't validate, so unless you're grabbing RFB from iTunes or getting it directly here, it's a giant hassle to get it. I am aware of this problem, but it's a gigantic pain in the ass for me to correct it, given the tools I have available to me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm very annoyed by it, but I can make a podcast, or I can be a bug-squashing code monkey. I can't do both, and I quite frankly prefer making the podcast.
- The logo was designed by WWdN:iX reader Marc, who asked that I not link to his "in progress" website. Thanks, Marc!
- Radio Free Burrito doesn't work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast does, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- This week's theme music is Driver 8, from REM's amazing Fables Of The Reconstruction.
- On today's show, I talked about the responses and thoughts I had when I told Twitter, "All I want to do today is listen to REM and paint 40K figures. It would be like sitting in my dressing room in 1988, minus the muscle suit."
- Here I am on Twitter. If you choose to follow me, read this first.
- Warhammer 40K is an amazing universe, with more than just Ultramarines in it.
- Ultramarine loyalists: I don't have anything against your chapter. It was just a silly thing with my friends when I was 14. Please don't hurt me.
- You can get your own copy of Dungeon Delve at Amazon.
- If you're interested in checking out D&D 4th Edition, this post on my blog may help you get started. If you're interested in running a game, I once talked a little bit about the art of DMing.
- The Freeport setting from Green Ronin is intended for D&D 3.5 (or compatible rules, like True 20 or Pathfinder) but it's really neat and very easy to swap out the 3.5 creatures and NPCs for 4e equivalents.
- Toward the end of the show, I played Downstream by Shira Kammen from the Soundtrack to Braid, available from Magnatune.com.
- This episode is about 55MB. Holy shit.
- This episode is about 57 minutes long. Holy shit.
- Again, no embedded artwork. This distresses me, but it's Apple's fault, not mine, and it's too much of a pain in the ass to get it done (please see the above note.) Hopefully, they'll fix the bug REALLY SOON.
- This is the end of the notes.
Ready? Then roll initiative and…
p class=”asset asset-audio at-xid-6a00d8341c59aa53ef0120a93e1176970b”>Download Radio Free Burrito Episode 24!