Radio Free Burrito: Episode Twenty-Sevenwil, · Categories: Books
Holy Crap, it's time for a new episode of Radio Free Burrito!
Let's all celebrate the departure of the Goddamn Motherfucking Bulldozer with a reading from Just A Geek!
- The logo was designed by WWdN:iX reader Marc, who asked that I not link to his "in progress" website. Thanks, Marc!
- Radio Free Burrito doesn't work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast does, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- This week's theme music is Enjoy The Silence
, by Depeche Mode, from their seminal album Violator
- The Reddit post about DM, in case you wanted to see it.
- The volume of nostalgic commercials at YouTube is staggering and wonderful. Here's the Commodore 64 commercial I played today.
- Here's William Fucking Shatner beaming in from the future to tell us all about the wonder computer of the 1980s.
- The song I wanted to play but ended up having to cut is called Misery, by The Dynamics. It seems a little silly that I can link to a version of it and that's fine, but if I actually played it in the podcast, I could get into trouble.
- Last week, I said, "I just realized that I have friends who do awesome things, and I should make them the unofficial sponsors of RFB each week, so RFB listeners can discover nifty things. I hope I remember to do that next week." Oh shit. I forgot to do that this week.
- Today, I read a modified version of The Wesley Dialogs from Just A Geek.
- This episode is about 35MB.
- This episode is about 36 minutes long.
- I am aware that the tags are screwed up and the feed doesn't validate, so unless you're grabbing RFB from iTunes or getting it directly here, it's a giant hassle to get it. I am aware of this problem, but it's a gigantic pain in the ass for me to correct it, given the tools I have available to me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm very annoyed by it, but I can make a podcast, or I can be a bug-squashing code monkey. I can't do both, and I quite frankly prefer making the podcast. Listener Dave K. built a workaround that you can learn all about here. Thanks, Dave!
- Again, no embedded artwork. This distresses me, but it's Apple's fault, not mine, and it's too much of a pain in the ass to get it done. Hopefully, they'll fix the bug REALLY SOON.
- This is the end of the notes.
Ready? Then turn out the lights, relax, take a deep breath, and
Download Radio Free Burrito Episode 27!
p class=”asset asset-audio at-xid-6a00d8341c59aa53ef0133ecd9bd27970b”>