Radio Free Burrito: Episode Twenty-Sixwil, · Categories: Books, Music
Holy Crap, it’s time for a new episode of Radio Free Burrito!
At long last, the planets align, I have time and ideas, and the GDMF construction next door is quiet.
- The logo was designed by WWdN:iX reader Marc, who asked that I not link to his “in progress” website. Thanks, Marc!
- Radio Free Burrito doesn’t work as hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag as Memories of the Futurecast does, but it still manages to upset mom and get Twitter breakup messages from sensitive people. You have been warned.
- This week’s theme music is from The Legend of Zelda, one of my favorite video games of all time.
- On today’s show, I read two stories from The Happiest Days of Our Lives, currently available from Subterranean Press as a special edition.
- There is also an audio version of The Happiest Days of Our Lives, if you’d like to hear me read even more of it to you.
- Movin’ Right Along was performed by 15-16 Puzzle. If you have some time to check out his musical archives, I believe you will find it worth your while.
- I decided that this episode was brought to you by coffee … specifically the amazing cup of Sumatra that I made using beans that were roasted by my friend Aric. He’s @WayOfCoffee on Twitter, and you can even order your own amazing beans from him at FremontCoffee.net. Did I mention that they’re amazing? They totally are.
- I just realized that I have friends who do awesome things, and I should make them the unofficial “sponsors” of RFB each week, so RFB listeners can discover nifty things. I hope I remember to do that next week.
- When I read Close Your Eyes and Then It’s Past, I played music from Robert Rich as a bed. He has a ton of albums at Magnatune.com; I used music from Calling Down The Sky today.
- Actually, well over 90% of listeners said the audio levels were messed up, and that the music, which I’d hoped would be a nice background bed, was actually way too loud and distracted from my reading. Since this podcast is all about me, I remastered the episode and removed the music.
- Of course, if you didn’t get this episode right when it was released yesterday, you probably won’t notice the difference. Ahhhh … BLISSS!
- This episode is about 69.5MB. Yikes.
- This episode is about 48 minutes long.
- I am aware that the tags are screwed up and the feed doesn’t validate, so unless you’re grabbing RFB from iTunes or getting it directly here, it’s a giant hassle to get it. I am aware of this problem, but it’s a gigantic pain in the ass for me to correct it, given the tools I have available to me. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and I’m very annoyed by it, but I can make a podcast, or I can be a bug-squashing code monkey. I can’t do both, and I quite frankly prefer making the podcast. Listener Dave K. built a workaround that you can learn all about here. Thanks, Dave!
- Again, no embedded artwork. This distresses me, but it’s Apple’s fault, not mine, and it’s too much of a pain in the ass to get it done. Hopefully, they’ll fix the bug REALLY SOON.
- This is the end of the notes.
Ready? Then put down your kazoo, step away from the punch bowl, and
p class=”asset asset-audio at-xid-6a00d8341c59aa53ef0133ecd9bd27970b”>Download Radio Free Burrito Episode 26!